09 Aug Drawing the Line between White Hat and Black Hat SEO
Drawing the Line between White Hat and Black Hat SEO: Many companies want to become legitimately involved in SEO in Kuwait. They recognize the power of search engine optimization and want to become proficient in it. Many have heard of the black hat that SEO in Kuwait can sometimes wear, but they’re just not sure how far they would have to go to be considered black hat. This post will focus on drawing the line cleanly between the white and black hats so your business won’t be found on the wrong side of search engine optimization in Kuwait.
The Black Hat
The black hat is secretive and tricky. It seeks to trick Google rather than work with them. Those who do it try to get out of doing a lot of work to see great results. Examples of black hat SEO techniques include:
• hidden content (stuffing parts of the page with keywords that the visitor will never see)
• link farming (sites that collect links to build SEO, not improve information on the internet)
• meta-keyword stuffing (spamming your meta tags with search terms to grab Google’s attention but aren’t necessarily relevant).
There’s a simple rule to remember: if it’s cheating Google, then your hat is black.
The White Hat
That said; Google wants people to optimize their websites. They have created their algorithm to help customers find what they’re looking for. If the good companies are willing to play by Google’s rules, then they can help themselves rank highly. So what are their rules?
• Use keywords and analyze their effectiveness using Google Analytics.
• Backlink to your site. Seek opportunities to write content for other websites and include a link back to yourself.
• Create quality content that people will read once they reach your page (they can track time spent on page).
• Connect your website to itself with cross-site links. Your home page should link to your products, blog, or anything else that is relevant. Every page should link to another page or two on your site.
• Proper titles and Meta data. Google will look at your titles and Meta data to relevant, semantic keywords. Create effective titles and Meta data to increase your relevancy with Google.
Hopefully that will help clear up the line a bit between white hat and black hat SEO in Kuwait. Follow the rules and don’t try to cheat. Google will love you forever if you stick to that plan.