13 Oct Aim for the Right Audience with LinkedIn Showcase Pages
LinkedIn Showcase Pages: For a business, finding an efficient social strategy to reach the right audience can be challenging. However, with the LinkedIn Showcase Pages, LinkedIn has helped many businesses to target unique audience for their brands or business units.
What are Showcase Pages?
LinkedIn Showcase Page is an interesting addition to the company pages. LinkedIn Showcase Pages enable companies, which have multiple brands or services, to easily segment and deliver messages to the right targeted audience. LinkedIn users can follow a single showcase page of a company without following the company page or the other Showcase Pages. This allows businesses to promote and supply more targeted information to the page.
How Big Market Players are Using LinkedIn Showcase Pages?
Big market players like Microsoft, Cisco, Intel, and Adobe were among the first to implement Showcase Pages into their marketing strategy. Microsoft has successfully raised 9000 more followers particularly using LinkedIn Showcase Pages. Let’s have a look oh how these big companies are using Showcase Pages for their products.
Adobe has its Creative Cloud audience, which is very much different from its Marketing cloud audience. Each audience type needs discrete attention and should be treated as a separate entity. Therefore, Adobe came up with the great idea of cultivating two distinct audience segments using LinkedIn Showcase Pages.
Microsoft is more of a product based company. It has a vast variety of products that are quite different from each other. Therefore, Microsoft has created LinkedIn Showcase Pages; each associated with a product and has its own specific content strategy. Microsoft has showcase pages for Microsoft Office, Lync, Visual Studio, Bing Ads, and more.
Hewlett-Packard has developed Showcase Pages for each of its services such as HP Big Data, HP Cloud and HP Software.
What can You Do for Your Business with LinkedIn Showcase Pages?
With LinkedIn Showcase Pages, you can elevate your brand, showcase your unique selling proposition, create a personal brand and share the right content with the right audience.
Following are some of the example features that you can represent by the showcase pages:
- Company Divisions
- Geographic Branches
- Flagship Products/Features/Services
- Senior Executives or Personalities
- Annual Events
It has always been a little bit difficult to engage the audience with simple text. Therefore, we use images to keep the interest of the viewer alive. Same tactic is used by Showcase Pages as well. It uses a large banner image, which is called as ‘Hero Image’, across the top of every page along with the information about the business.
Below the hero image, there are two more blocks of content, which you can use for your blog and posts feeds. You can utilize these two blocks for:
- Product related announcements
- Promotional offers
- News feed from relevant companies and industries
- Sharing information about upcoming webinars
- Blog posts feed
- Achievements and testimonials
- Reviews from customers
Difference between LinkedIn Showcase Pages and LinkedIn Company Pages
LinkedIn Showcase Pages are very much different from LinkedIn Company Pages. Following are some of the differences:
1. Showcase Page has a larger hero image.
2. It has a two-column layout for content posts.
3. In a Showcase Page, businesses can advertise and buy sponsored updates.
4. There is no careers, products, or services tab at the top of the Showcase Page.
5. All Showcase Pages link directly back to the Company page. This keeps all of your 6. Showcase Pages centralized to your Company Page.
7. Unlike Company pages, an employee profiles cannot be associated with a Showcase Page.
Read more about LinkedIn Company Pages.
Before creating a Showcase Page, you must remember the following Limitations of LinkedIn Showcase Pages:
1. There is a maximum limit of 10 in creation of Showcase Pages. You cannot create more than 10 Showcase Pages for one Company Page. This limit might change or you can get more with a paid option in future. However, this is the limit for now.
2. You can create only two new Showcase Pages in one day.
3. A Showcase Page cannot be deleted manually. If you want to delete it, you have to contact LinkedIn’s Help Center and request them to delete it. This may take some time.
4. Once a Showcase Page is named, its URL cannot be changed. So, initial naming is crucial.
5. Although the URL cannot be changed, the name of the Showcase Page is editable.
6. Showcase Page URLs are unique.
If you need professional assistance for the creation and maintenance of LinkedIn Showcase Pages for your business, Contact Us.